What Industry Certifications and Associations Matter for Fire Protection Companies?
When you compare different fire protection companies in the Mid-South, you undoubtedly look for qualities that set them apart as professional and trustworthy. Certifications and affiliations with certain industry organizations are a sure sign that the company you’re considering is competent.
At State Systems Inc., our affiliation and involvement with several local and national associations help us provide the best fire protection services for Mid-South businesses. Here’s a closer look at which industry certifications matter for fire protection companies.
National Fire Protection Association
The NFPA is “the leading information and knowledge resource on fire, electrical and related hazards.” Membership in this organization gives State Systems Inc. exclusive access to helpful resources, such as:
- One-on-one assistance with technical standards
- A subscription to the NFPA Journal, a trusted source for information on the latest codes and standards
- Monthly video presentations featuring expanded news and content on safety standards and codes
These resources from the NFPA help us stay informed so we can pass on accurate, effective and code-compliant fire protection services to our customers.
National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors
NAFED is a trade association that serves fire protection companies. In order to become a member, a company must follow the NAFED’s code of ethics. This includes:
- Fulfilling all obligations to clients in an efficient, professional and competent manner
- Only providing services for which the company is knowledgeable about
- Pursuing continuing education and training to update technicians’ knowledge and skills
- Following all codes and standards relevant to the products and services the company provides
- Only recommending products and services that benefit the client
Membership with NAFED gives us access to technical support as well as regulatory and industry news alerts. Currently, our fire protection manager, Tyler McBride, is the NAFED representative for the state of Tennessee.
Memphis Area Fire Protection Association
State Systems Inc. has been a member of this association since 2011. Terry Donovan, our fire sprinkler manager, is an officer with the Memphis Area Fire Protection Association and takes his turn as president approximately every five years.
Society of Fire Protection Engineers
SFPE is the largest professional society for fire safety engineers. The mission of this organization is “to define, develop and advance the use of engineering best practices; expand the scientific and technical knowledge base; and educate the global fire safety community, in order to reduce fire risk.”
- As a member of SFPE, State Systems Inc. has access to:
- Continuing education to help us maintain our professional fire protection engineering license
- Monthly webinars for timely insight into a wide range of industry topics
- Technical support in the form of a resource library, newsletters and other publications
- Networking opportunities to help us strengthen our relationship with industry partners that help us deliver the best services to our customers
Thanks to our affiliation with SFPE, you can trust State Systems Inc. to deliver exceptional, up-to-date fire safety services.
National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies
NICET’s nationally recognized program provides recognition of qualified technology professionals. The organization employs a rigorous certification process to set the masters apart from the amateurs.
As a NICET-certified company, you know State Systems Inc. has proven our ability to provide expert-level fire protection services to our customers. Recertification is required every three years, and we always keep our certification up-to-date to show our clients we intend to always deliver the highest level of service possible.
American Society of Certified Engineering Technicians
As the only national professional society created for engineers, ASCET strives to “provide opportunities for technicians and technologists to magnify their status as vital members of the engineering team.” Membership in ASCET provides State Systems Inc. with many benefits, including:
- Continuing education opportunities needed to renew NICET certification
- Networking prospects that link us with professional ASCET technicians looking for a professional career opportunity
- Access to quarterly publications featuring up-to-date articles that can improve our services
With these resources, we can stay informed of the latest industry knowledge and help ensure we only add experienced, qualified technicians to our team.
The Building Owners and Managers of Memphis
BOMA Memphis is a professional trade association representing commercial real estate in the Mid-South. Membership provides commercial property owners and managers – and the businesses that serve them, including State Systems Inc. – access to valuable services that help them succeed.
BOMA members have been responsible for implementing new fire sprinkler laws, smoking restrictions and barrier-free building access. We’re pleased to be part of an organization that strives to educate, promote and advocate the interests of Mid-South commercial property owners.
Fire Protection Company in Tennessee, Arkansas & Mississippi
State Systems Inc. is proud of each membership and certification from these industry organizations. If you have any questions about our qualifications or want to schedule fire protection services, please contact us today!
State Systems’ expertise has saved us thousands of dollars on the front end of a project and has ensured the satisfaction of our customers upon…Brian S. Haines Read More