Fire Extinguisher Inspection Checklist
Fire extinguishers are a critical component of saving property and lives in the event of a fire. Studies of fire incidents have revealed that in 80 percent of cases, a portable fire extinguisher successfully extinguished the fire, making them an invaluable fire protection tool in facilities throughout Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi.
As such, if you do have a fire extinguisher already installed in your facility—it is extremely important that you perform routine fire extinguisher inspections. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) states that all portable fire extinguishers undergo a visual inspection on a monthly basis and thorough maintenance on an annual basis (NFPA 10, Section 6.2.1).
For more information, call State Systems at 866-308-5701, or keep reading to learn more.
Monthly Fire Extinguisher Inspection Checklist
- Confirm the extinguisher is visible, unobstructed, and in its designated location.
- Verify the locking pin is intact and the tamper seal is unbroken. Examine the extinguisher for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or clogged nozzle. If you observe any of these signs, contact State Systems immediately.
- Confirm the pressure gauge or indicator is in the operable range or position, and lift the extinguisher to ensure it is still full.
- Make sure the operating instructions on the nameplate are legible and facing outward.
- Check the last professional service date on the tag—a licensed fire extinguisher maintenance contractor must have inspected the extinguisher within the past 12 months.
- Initial and date the back of the tag to maintain a record.
The following details should be checked during a monthly fire extinguisher inspection:
Contact State Systems for Fire Extinguisher Services
Installing a portable fire extinguisher for your building is an important step toward protecting yourself, your property, your vital business assets, and your employees from fire. At State Systems, we’ve been providing quality fire protection services to TN, AR, and MS area for many years. In addition to installing fire extinguishers, we offer fire extinguisher training and inspection services to ensure that your building and your employees are ready in the event of a fire. We provide fire extinguisher training that complies with Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) standards.
Call us today for our fire extinguisher services, which extend to the following areas:
- Memphis, Fayette County, Tipton County, Bartlett, Arlington, Germantown, Collierville, Lakeland, Millington, Jackson, Dyersburg, Union City and Martin, Tennessee
- Jonesboro and Crittenden County, Arkansas
- Oxford, Tupelo, Batesville, Horn Lake, Olive Branch, Southaven, Hernando, Greenville, Greenwood, Tunica, Clarksdale, Grenada, Senatobia, Cleveland and Desoto County, Mississippi
State Systems has been an integral part of the Mid-South IEC’s success. Whether it is aiding the IEC in the reorganization of training curriculum, getting…Read More