Class K Fire Extinguishers
Installation & Replacement in Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas from State Systems
Kitchen fires need to be handled differently than fires that may break out in an office space or retail location—grease and oils fueling the fire can become worse with traditional fire sprinkler systems or multipurpose fire extinguishers. Because of that, if you own or operate a restaurant or commercial kitchen in the Mid-South area, you’re likely familiar with Class K fire extinguishers.
If you need fire extinguisher service, including installation, replacement, or inspection for your Mid-South restaurant, call State Systems Inc. today. Our technicians will properly place and install Class K fire extinguishers to protect your employees, guests and equipment in the event of an emergency. Call us today at 901-531-6550 to request a quote or service.
The Use & Regulation of Class K Fire Extinguishers
Class K fire extinguishers work to extinguish liquid cooking fuels, including:
- Vegetable or animal grease
They use wet chemicals to suppress cooking-related fires, instead of water or dry chemicals like many other types of extinguishers. The National Fire Protection Association (and NFPA 10) requires that a portable fire extinguisher be installed in kitchen cooking areas. NFPA 10 regulates that:
- A Class K fire extinguisher should be no more than 30 feet from any potential hazard that could cause a fire from combustible cooking media
- A sign indicating how to operate the extinguisher be placed in the kitchen near the extinguisher
- Instructions should be posted by the restaurant for operating the extinguisher and train staff on its use
Keep in mind, a portable Class K fire extinguisher is only a backup to the required automatic fire suppression system above the vent hood required in commercial kitchen facilities.
Class K Fire Extinguisher Installation
Whether you are replacing your existing Class K fire extinguishers or opening a new restaurant near Memphis, State Systems is the name to know. We are experts at replacing and installing Class K fire extinguishers to ensure that they are available to help protect lives and property, should a fire break out.
Class K Fire Extinguisher Inspection
To ensure they’re up-to-code and ready to protect in case of a fire, Class K fire extinguishers must be inspected and tagged by a licensed fire protection company—this is something our technicians can do as well! During your inspection, our team will inspect each individual fire extinguisher to make sure they are still in working order and placed properly in your cooking area.
Full-Service Fire Protection in the Mid-South
At State Systems, we offer fire extinguisher installation and inspection services as well as training for Class K and all types of fire extinguishers. Our team provides service in the following cities and their surrounding areas:
- Arkansas (AR): Blytheville, Conway, El Dorado, Fayetteville, Forrest City, Helena-West Helena, Hot Springs, Jonesboro, Little Rock, Marion, Paragould, Pine Bluff, Searcy, Texarkana, West Memphis
- Mississippi (MS): Batesville, Clarksdale, Cleveland, DeSoto County, Greenville, Greenwood, Grenada, Hernando, Horn Lake, Olive Branch, Oxford, Senatobia, Southaven, Tunica and Tupelo
- Tennessee (TN): Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Dyersburg, Fayette County, Germantown, Jackson, Lakeland, Martin, Memphis, Millington, Tipton County and Union City
Learn more about full-service fire protection throughout the Mid-South from State Systems:
State Systems’ expertise has saved us thousands of dollars on the front end of a project and has ensured the satisfaction of our customers upon…Brian S. Haines Read More