Fire Extinguisher Inspection
Serving Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, & Alabama
The portable fire extinguishers installed in your Mid-South business are important for protecting property and saving lives. Are you certain your fire extinguishers are in proper working order? The only way to know for sure is to keep up with routine fire extinguisher inspections from State Systems Inc. We stay ahead of the competition by providing web-based fire inspection software to keep your building compliant with the greatest of ease.
To learn more about our fire extinguisher services, or to schedule an inspection in Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, or Alabama please call State Systems today at 901-531-6550.
Why Inspect Your Fire Extinguishers?
It’s easy to think that once you have purchased and installed the correct fire extinguishers for your Mid-South business, you never have to think about those shiny red canisters ever again. However, it’s necessary to have your extinguishers professionally maintained annually, in addition to performing monthly inspections yourself.
Fire extinguisher inspections ensure that all canisters meet the following requirements:
- Full pressure: A canister that has been depressurized even slightly may no longer have the capacity to fight a fire effectively. This puts your business at undue risk if a fire breaks out in your building.
- Proper labeling: An illegible or missing label could cause someone to misuse an extinguisher, potentially endangering him or herself and reducing effectiveness when fighting a fire.
- No signs of damage or tampering: A leaky or damaged fire extinguisher may not work properly. Plus, a missing lock pin or broken anti-tamper seal could indicate tampering, meaning the extinguisher shouldn’t be used.
- Code compliant: National fire codes require annual extinguisher inspections from a qualified fire protection company. Skipping this maintenance could put you at risk of code violations and costly fines.
Types of Fire Extinguishers We Inspect
We partner with some of today’s most reputable fire equipment manufacturers—including ANSUL, Amerex, Badger, and Kidde—to ensure we provide thorough, code-compliant fire extinguisher inspections. Here are the types of canisters we inspect:
- ABC multi-purpose fire extinguishers
- Class K fire extinguishers
- Class D fire extinguishers
- Wet chemical fire extinguishers
- Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- CO2 fire extinguishers
- Water fire extinguishers
- And more
Web-Based Fire Extinguisher Inspections from State Systems
We’re proud to offer Web-based inspection tracking software called BuildingReports. Using this tool, our customers in the Mid-South can replace costly and inconsistent paper-based inspections with real-time data and on-demand reports conveniently available online. Unique barcode registration for each fire extinguisher ensures comprehensive inspections, prevents accidentally skipping items, and facilitates fast repairs.
Here’s what our Web-based system offers:
- Access to 24-hour reporting from a computer or Web-enabled mobile device
- Instant color-coded inspection results with accurate date and time stamps
- Multiple levels of tracking to find specific devices that failed inspections
- Secure, backed-up reports stored on a Web server with 128-bit data encryption
It’s never been easier to keep your extinguishers up-to-date on code-required inspections, testing, and maintenance! Simply rely on State Systems for all your fire safety inspection needs, and you’ll gain access to BuildingReports and the benefits it offers.
To learn more about our Web-based inspection tracking solution, or to request a fire extinguisher inspection, please contact us today.
We offer fire extinguisher testing, inspection services and training in these cities and the surrounding areas:
In Arkansas: Arkadelphia, Benton, Blytheville, Conway, El Dorado, Forrest City, Helena, Hot Springs, Jonesboro, Little Rock, Marion, Mountain View, Paragould, West Helena, and Wynne
In Tennessee: Arlington, Bartlett, Brentwood, Clarksville, Collierville, Columbia, TN, Cookeville, Dyersburg, Franklin, Gallatin, Germantown, Hendersonville, Jackson, Lakeland, Lebanon, Martin, Memphis, Millington, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Spring Hill, Tipton and Union City.
In MIssissippi: Batesville, Clarksdale, Cleveland, Columbus, Greenville, Greenwood, Grenada, Hernando, Horn Lake, Olive Branch, Oxford, Senatobia, Southaven, Starkville, Tunica, Tupelo, and West Point.
In Alabama: Athens, Birmingham, Cullman, Decatur, Fayette, Florence, Fort Payne, Gadsden, Guntersville, Hamilton, Huntsville, Jasper, Muscle Shoals, Russellville, Scottsboro
Our safety and security departments rely heavily on State Systems’ experience, expertise and knowledge of our facility.Paula Busby Read More